Thursday 12 January 2017

Lantern Festival 2017... Lantern Festival 2018

Nostalgic moment....so I thought I will go down memory lane.  This year I believe the Full Moon Festival was in September (2017)... I was down in NSW East Coast in Shoal Bay when a friend sent me a message to go outside to look for the moon!
It was pretty amazing...black clouds moving in and out in circles engulfing the full moon shine so bright!!!

When I was a kid...we would light our lanterns and go for walkies....the lanterns are made in all shapes of animals and are so colourful.  When litted up it is every child's magic moment!!!  I am not really into customs or tradition, but in my childhood days, we would all wait up for the moon and whilst waiting, we celebrate by eating ...one thing that Chinese people do not need any excuse to do!!!

Can't believe I let this blog "slip" through 2016.  I guess "I was lost for pictures".  Have too many in my phone, and it really makes it very hard to for me to put my finger on the exact picture and extract it from my phone to load onto here. 

Adding pixs from 2018 with special person Eva my lst grandchild and looking like my only grandchild enjoying her lst lantern festival.






Anyways, I will endeavour to find the pixs, but now in old age, my way of celebrating lantern festival is just to acknowledge the day and I light the lanterns but hang them on the tree in the backyard!!!

When the next lantern festival rolls round, I will come back to this post and load up fresh pixs - (Eva)!

Have fun fun fun and I know the Asian community is adding an impact locally, and even stores do cater to most of the festivals here in Melbourne, so let your young children carry on with this tradition and enjoy the festivities even if we are in a "foreign land" which we all call home now.

PS..this blog a bit all over the shop bcos of pixs but at least you get to see Eva enjoying her lst lantern festival when she was 6 months old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment