Monday 2 March 2020

House of Delight = Corona Virus Scare

On the 2nd day of Chinese New Year (26th Jan 2020) I gave a few of my "makan friends" a treat at the "House of Delight" in Glenny as they suggested they wanted steam boat, and this place is an all you can eat steam boat type venue, with lots of desserts and is a mix of east and west type cuisine.  Great value and ever so popular spot and always enjoyable with friendly quick service too.

3 days later, (29th Jan 2020) Ray was mumbling something about this restaurant and that a person with Coronavirus was dining there and to my anguish it turned out that we were there at the same time and was only sitting one table away from this infected man!

Without hesitation, I got on the phone to Alice and the rest of the makan friends and Alice suggested that I go over to her place and quarantine myself from Eva and "Simona" as Becky is preggers at the moment.
I ran upstairs and got my toiletries together and I always have a "go to" bag packed in my car, so I just added a few things and I raced off in a flash to Aliceinwonderland.

Ray started disinfecting the house, changed the sheets etc as I had laid down on their bed and was looking after Eva the past couple of days!  Anyways, 14 days quarantine is the minimum isolation time required to see if we have any symptoms within this period.  So by 9th March, if nothing is wrong with us, then hopefully we are all safe from Coronavirus.
Meantime at Alice's, we made ourselves busy and each day My and Gareth will come round to Alice's and we will be cooking and or making something to kill time and this 2 weeks was really good as we had a "buddy building rapport session" and Michael and SAnne also joined us whenever they could manage to find time.

I even made a Loe Sang so all of us could toss this dish and wish for NO CORONAVIRUS just for the fun of it.
Meanwhile, on the homefront, Ray got this kick ass mask and Eva seems to think its fashionable wearing it and she looks so kewl!!!

At Alice's we were all stressed and on edge if we did or did not catch the virus, so for our peace of mind, we all gallivanted to the Doctor's and had our nose and throat swabbed except for SAnne as her Doctor told her to just act "normal" till she shows signs/symptoms so she did not do it.

Well, when we all went back to get our results, everyone had their copy NEGATIVE but would you believe it, I was told that the Lab has lost my swabs and I did not have a result! 
SO I had to re do the entire test and wait another few days for my results.  Obviously, its also NEGATIVE but who knows, and I am a firm believer in "when your time is up, its up!" so the jolly in me just kept enjoying myself with My and Gareth and normally the 3 of us would still go out but we avoided crowded places and kept away from the asian suburbs!!!

Gareth was the most pathetic one amongst the 6 of us.  Each day he would be feeling nausea or have breathing problems and the next day it would be some other Corona symptom but we just ignored his wolf cries.

Anyway, we all survived the quarantine and got to know our friends better in good times or bad times, but I can assure you that none of them would go back to "House of Delight" for steamboat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment