Sunday 7 July 2013

The Piano

In the morning... The piano is leaving us...sooooo sad, and yet for the Swayns it will be exciting for them as they are a musically talented family and I am sure they will welcome our piano with joy!!!

All that matters is that we know its going to a good home ... Dont know why parts of me still has mixed feelings right now.  Becks and I had a last bang on it earlier tonite.  Played our duet!!!  Tears are even rolling too!!!

The piano came with us when we migrated to Oz... we have had it for more than 30 years and it took pride in our home.  It has made a few moves, but tomorrow it will be going down to the Peninsula to find its new home in Rye.   Least its going to be close to mom!  

Becky has never been keen learning the piano but she did it and gave up in high school.  I wanted her to learn so that she can entertain me in my old age... Guess that will never happen.  Our long time close family friend, Stephen plays very well and whenever he comes over, he entertains me.  

i love piano music!!!!  Kicking myself I never stuck to playing it when I was young myself and attempted learning it again shortly after Becky was born when I was back in Malaysia but gave up too!!!  I should have ...could have but now it's too late!!!

We are downsizing and when we move, Becky does not want the piano.  When we moved into this tri-level home Becky used to joke about throwing it over the balcony when we move out of this home!  So we are giving it to the Swayns.  Hopefully the grandchildren will take it up.. If not, the piano will be played more in Rye than in our home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment