Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Move

The move was pretty sudden ... but we did it!!!  I am glad I got "pushed into it" ... much sooner than I had anticipated - although I had my reservations, but now I am happy we have downsized.
 
Becky was moving out ... so we do not need a tri-level home - too big for 2 plus a "time sharing" dog, and the dog and I do not have the best of legs, so moving to one level of living now is just great!!!
 
In many ways, this new home is comfortable and compact and serves us both well.  I am no longer a slave to home maintenance and I still have a good kitchen ... the heart of the home!!!  Have not cooked up a storm yet, but slowly and surely I am working my way around this new kitchen and hope someday soon before I leave on my long overseas trip, I will be brave enough to entertain some good friends before I leave this new home in the hands of hubby!!!
 
Right now, most of the unpacking has been done, and we are still waiting for Telstra to install cable to the premises.  It is only taking forever!!!!! and who knows how long more we have to wait before I can have limitless internet access again.
 
Otherwise, Snowy has free play outside!!!! .... to roam around in the backyard on her own as this home is surrounded by a fence.... Snowy has more time to sniff away and run around chasing butterflies etc and we can also keep an eye on her from the kitchen window.  Likewise, it is easier for Snowy to keep an eye on us too.  In the old home as we had 3 levels, Snowy will always be following us and leeching on to us whenever we make the slightest move, but now on one level, she is comfortable sitting in one spot where she can cast her eye on us and know that we are close by to her.
 
My leg is healing well now and being on just one floor has helped tremendously as I was beginning to feel my left leg starting to give way as it has supported my body weight for soooooo many months.
 
To sum it up, the move is the right choice for us!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment