Friday 30 August 2013

Roadtrip - The Grand Pacific Highway Drive

Last week, I just packed up the car filled her up with a full tank and off we went .... driving along the south eastern coast ... we drove more than 2000kms over one week with my BBF, SF from Singapore.
 
If I did not have to come back to attend JW's graduation, more than likely, I will still be on the road today - driving!!! lol
 
We stopped all over the coast for eats (yummy scallops in Lakes Entrance), toilet stops, snapping photos etc  but put down our heads the lst 2 nites in Eden.  We went out on the Cat Balou on the 2nd day and we even managed to see whales which was a bonus as it is still early for them to be in the Bay.
Then we stopped at Batemans Bay, Jervis Bay --- yessss this is where bugs bit me ... am soooooo itchy its not funny even a week later now it is still looking "hot/fierce/itchy" but its all worth it!?!
 
The night at Kiama was great - one of the best Thai dinners --- soooo tasty and cheap!!! definitely great value for money!!!  I misplaced my specs and was lucky to find them at the restaurant the next morning!  Silly me, am getting so forgetful nowadays but I guess with old age its acceptable?!?
 
By now we have had enough of beaches and the coastline!!! so we decided we needed to be on land and land we did land up in loads of land .... like 1000 acres of land on a farm.  Yessssss we opted for a farm stay and had the best time although the weather was not the kindest to us.  We stayed on Hillview in Gundagai along the Hume Highway so we did not have to drive extra kilometres on the way home.
 
The lady owner that ran the farm, Jan was so nice to us ... she drove us in her 4WD and took us in of one paddock and out of another till we were up on the highest point of her 1000 acre property.  It was soooooo fun as we were "mudding" and chasing alpacas and being with the mountain goats (cross between sheep and goat) was breath taking at the highest point on top of the hill looking down on creation/cows etc.

My S3 packed up and will be blogging about it soon! so I have lost a lot of priceless photos that I am unable to load here.

After the farm we headed inland and went to Beechworth and then spent a night in Rutherglen and the next morning after ticking off the wineries and having a scrumptious meal at All Saints, we headed back to Melbourne.

It was a lot of crazy tiring driving, but it was fun fun fun and I had a great travelling companion!  This made the trip totally awesome!!!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment