Sunday 29 September 2013

Severe Fibrosis of the Liver

I was diagnosed with this condition back in June this year and since then, my life has taken a 360o turn!
In plain English, it means that my liver is packing up!!!  What exactly does it mean??? Well, give or take +/-1.7% I will have cirrhosis of the liver.  When I get to this point, it means that I am at the point of no return and my time bomb will start ticking.  If I am lucky I might have 12 months, if not, and if cancer gets the better of me, it might be just a few months ... so who knows!?!
So after I left the Gastroenterologist, I went back to work and quit my job on the spot!!! Yesssssss, time for me to go travelling and smell the roses.  My leg has healed and I have made a couple of "trial runs" travelling solo so I will be fine if I take things slowly.  I know its never going to be the same ever again.  Since the leg did not kill me, now some other part of me will and I am ready for it!?! 
Who is ever ready for death???  I guess being the "carefree" person I am, I can still joke about this and laugh it off.  Trust me, I was devastated when I found out and have cried me a river or two.  Tears are not going to save me ... so with whatever time I have for now, I will try to change my diet, lose weight, eat healthier etc and do what it takes to prolong my days. 
I have lived a good life ... ate in the best restaurants, travelled extensively, done a lot of things I have always wanted to do so I guess I am ready to go when my time is up???  The only thing missing is that I might not be around to become a grandmother!!!  I know GK will be fine but I only worry about Becky ... she is my everything!!!  Am glad she has Ray now and I know he will take good care of her ...he better, or I will come back and haunt him!!! lol
Quick fix changes ... drastic measures:
     1) Quit my job
     2) Drastic diet change
     3) Extensive travelling
     4) Quality time with family and friends
     5) Enjoy everyday to the max!
Well, let's see how many more blogs I can post until I meet my maker!!!
Never take your body parts for granted!!
Keep well everybody!! Keep smiling and have a great life and make the most of it :):):)


PS - also dedicating this blog "The Monkey In Me" to my future grandchild or children so that they can see what their grandma has been up to #winks
and also to my Becky the best gift of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment