Sunday 7 January 2024

Berries Picking




Went to Sunny Creek Organic Farm in Trafalgar (Gippsland) to pick berries 23/12.  I have never  seen yellow golden raspberries b4 nor have I seen what a red currant berries plant look like… so this was a “curiosity educational berries fun trip” and also JT’s and my last road trip together for 2023!?!

Red currant berries


JT n Me
We had an early start and it was a last minute decision to include JT on this activity.  With empty bellies we started our journey but we stopped for breakfast along the way before we arrived at the farm around 9am!!

We started picking and I was eating off the bushes more than putting the berries into my make shift container hanging around my neck so that I have my 2 free hands to pick and eat more!!!





                          Purple raspberries

It was a flat fee of $19.00 a kilo for all the berries you pick into your container but you can eat all you want… and if you do not have seeds inbetween your teeth, you have not eaten enough of free berries!!!


                     Pretty red currants

I concentrated on the yellow/golden raspberries and purple coloured ones and picked a few red currants and a handful of mixed berries for my pavalova that I was going to make for Christmas lunch.

Gold in my hand

Mixed Berries

Red currants

Cluster of yellow golden raspberries

Christmas Pavalova

Doesn’t it look fantastic!?!



It was a good fruitful trip and will do again next season.






No comments:

Post a Comment