Saturday 24 May 2014

FRESH DILL infused in olive oil with roasted red capsicums



Nothing like fresh and organic ... almost everything died over the summer and its also because I was away from home the past 7 months.


Just about salvaged some tail end cherry tomatoes, a few green chillies which I used in my acar last night and next week, I will harvest the rhubarb and make a crumble for dinner as the girlies are coming over for a catch up and we are all going to check out George!!!



Photo: Fresh dill from garden:)
Home grown fresh DILL infused in olive oil with roasted red capsicums


Anyways, I roasted some red capsicums and decided to infuse them in olive oil with some fresh dill, sliced garlic and spanish onions with salt and black pepper.  I guess they will come in handy with my rocket diet and not just added flavours but also colour!!!


Delicious in sandwiches, and just about anything, even on its own!!!


Done in less than a hour all up from roasting to "preserving" stage, it sure beats paying more than $25 per kilo for them from Thomas Dux or the delicatessen shops:)


ENJOY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment