Friday 23 May 2014

Tumbling all over Europe/Asia - 7 months ... back but not for long!!!

Yesssss I am finally home after travelling for 7 months....departed Oz 22/10/2013 and arrived home 1/5/2014.  I don't know how I am going to tackle this yet, but I reckon a quickie is the best way for now as it would take too much time to blog on all the various individual trips I have done till I can sit myself down someday to do it properly.



For now in a nutshell.....
Chandra my London host and long time buddy also tagged along with me to a few destinations.  We had fun together, but still I reckon travelling solo is the best way to go for me personally!  Having said that I am in the midst of arranging a big roadtrip as I type this into the OZ outback with a total stranger ....and a man too...but we shall not go there now but save this one till I get back...if ever!!! lol

Countries and places I have been that comes to mind but not in any particular order are...Maldives, and how can I forget these manta rays, they were dancing all around me and as wild as they are, they were gentle giants flapping their 2 metre wide wings so close up to me!!!
Malaysia, Indonesia, Sabah east Malaysia for diving and snorkelling in Mabul/Sipadan, Chengmai, KL and then I flew to London in November after daughter and Charlene flew back to Melbourne.


The girls came to join me in Mabul and are now both PADI certified!!! Yayyyyy.

I spent Christmas in London and New Years in Germany.

Then I started tumbling to Budapest, Lanzarote, Algarve, Seville, Lisbon, Zurich, Singen, Prague, Dresden, Vienna, some natural hotspring minerals place..Kalovary..Krakow, Iceland, Istanbul, Cappadocia,  Pamemukale,  Marrakech,  Feiz, Casablanca, Tenerife, Koh Lipe, Bangkok, KL, Perhentian Islands, Penang, Sanur in Bali and Singapore before going back to KL for a few days of last minute catchups with friends, shopping and not forget stuffing my face!!

This was different!!! A cave hotel in Cappadocia.  Only wished the weather was kind to us because the hot-air ballooning was cancelled and we missed out on the flight over the caves.

Just a jist of everything, but a true standout for me this trip would have to be camping in the Agora desert fringing onto the Sahara desert which I have been before but we only just rode the camels back then.



Another highlight is Iceland and I was lucky to be on one of the set scene of The Game Of Thrones...and last but not least, a water massage at the Blue Lagoon is a must do!!!!

I have zillion of pictures taken over the 7 months, so hopefully some day I can share more with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment