Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmas at the Choongs 2014

Last Christmas, I was in London and CK cooked up a traditional English Christmas feast.  It was so nice not to be cooking for a change and have someone else do all the work and I just enjoy her efforts and eat!!!
This year, 2014 I have been travelling extensively for over 10 months and although I had flights booked to return before Christmas, I was still toying with the idea of staying back in KL. In hindsight, I am very glad I did not and headed home to be with family and good friends for this special festive time of the year!




Holly Theme Red & Green Xmas 2014
AC instigated the Christmas spirit in me!!! I saw a message she wrote on FB "Christmas at the Choongs" and I thought why not - although I know I have to slave away to cook up a storm.



We have been having Christmas get togethers like this since the girlies were as young as 15 years old ... and my girlies are now all in their 30s!!! Ann came with baked goods & fruits, Ahalya came with mangomisu to add onto my dessert table.  All up we had 12 varieties of mains and sides as well as for desserts including fresh cherries and mangoes that are so delicious now as they are in the prime of the season.
Fig & Orange glazed Leg of Ham on the Bone

The "usual" gang came for lunch and some stayed back and a few more joined us for dinner but there was still heaps of food left even after doggie bag takeaways!!!  GK loves to over cater and spares no expense to entertain our guests to make sure everyone has a good time and plenty to eat!!!  This year, the huge prawns 2 ways (natural on stick and marinated in lemongrass concoction) was the table talk.
Mains and Sides for Xmas Lunch @ da Choongs 2014
Plenty of eating, talking and catching up and it was really good to re-unite with my girlies too.  All in all, although it took 2 days to shop, prepare and cook this Xmas feast, it was well worth the effort.
I believe everyone had a good time which is most satisfying but I crashed afterwards and did not wake up till 1pm on Boxing Day!!!!!  I am definitely getting old and tired but am glad I was able to do it this year and hopefully still be here for the next Christmas???
















No comments:

Post a Comment