Friday 15 July 2016

My Becky is 32!!!

How time flies and Becky has turned 32 today (16/7), but she will forever be my baby!!!  Another perk of just having one child (although this is not the real reason).  We just had a smallish get together at home with her besties to mark her big day over a satay party.  Yessssss, it seems that satay and Becky's birthday is like the meal deal!!!  It is an effort to make satays nowadays in my old age, so we only have it a couple of times a year or 3 and stretching it 4 times, but you will always get it on Becky's birthday if we have a meal at home!!!
It was a working day this year, so the girlies came after work and F & E joined us this evening as we had Charli added to the family and everyone was hanging out to meet her too.  Somewhat, I cannot help but think that Charli must have been another birthday present from Ray?!?
He gifted Becky Snowy on her 21st, and now 10 years down the road, he has done it again!!!! I was never big on having pets, let alone having a dog inside the house, and I even surprised myself I let Snowy on my bed - not inside under my doona and that I can assure you will never ever happen!!!  Now we have 2 furry daughters and life is never a dull moment with Charli and even Snowy is busy in her own ways looking after Charli.  Oops, we are talking Becky's birthday here, not her dogs!!!
Well, this year, I made a few extra dishes besides the satay and we had lots of left overs as everyone seemed to have just dived into the satays.  We lived off the left overs for the next 3 days as some of the dishes were hardly touched!!!  Either it was a major fail, but I was assured that it was because they had too many dishes and were spoilt for choice!!!
It was very low key but the great company we had made the night fly past us - lots to eat, and drink and you should have seen the cheesecake E brought - it was the most massive cheesecake ever and I am not kidding.  Ann supplied the birthday cheesecake from some hip joint and it was delicious too, so we were cheesecake-outed at the end of the night.
After all the eating was done, everyone just chilled and relaxed around the dogs and obviously Charli was the highlight of the evening!!!  Oh... doggie bags were flying out of the door when we called it a night to remember!!!  Until next year Becky, I hope your cake cutting wish/es do come true for you.  Love you heaps and here's to more satays and birthdays!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment