Saturday 25 May 2019

Adventures in Sri Lanka - Aug 2018

In so few words.. I was glad I made this random trip! 

It was not high on my bucket list but the timing, flights and limited days I had during that time frame fitted like a glove so it was the best place for me to explore.  Wished I had more days!!!

I am very glad I did make this trip some 9 months ago and I went by my lonesome.  This is my preferred way of travelling - come and go as I please. To do more or less and eat whatever takes my fancy!

I started off at the Nagambo fish market upon pick up by my Driver and we did a round robbin...covering the major tourist places from mountains to the sea and safaris inland and before I forget, just make sure you get the right Driver for your trip.

I had to sack mine because he was a control freak and gave me attitude.  Can't believe I put up with his nonsense for 4 days and I pulled the plug on him before we arrived at Tissa.  Luckily with the help of the Manager of my Tissa accommodation, I found another replacement Driver and he was like an angel sent by heaven to make my last few days stay so wonderful. 

It was action packed and I cannot remember all the tongue twisting long names of places I have been to, but trust me I covered a lot of grounds in 10 days.

Ministry of Crab - highly recommended
Mirissa - insta spot

Some temple ?~?





Red hoppers --- sooooo delicious

Templed out! I could easily turn vegan whilst in Lanka and throughly enjoyed the local cuisine. Took almost 2000 photos according to my phone in my Lankan album but will not load anymore for now.

Some of many things I did whilst I was racing from one end of Lanka to the other like I was on the Amazing Race!!.........Safari, tea plantations, Ella, Kandy train ride, stilt fishermen, waterfalls, elephant sanctuary, spice garden, try a wood apple, take a local bus which is not for the faint hearted, herbal ayurvedic treatment/massage that comes to mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment