Friday 17 January 2020

NZ bro in town

Bro n wife arrived 29th Dec 2019... so he was here last year and this year! Two weeks passed in a flash as we were either dashing here and there doing something or eating here and there.
Had to order from Straits @ $22.00 per box
Bro loves fresh rambutans and mangoes which luckily were in peak season, so we had heaps of fruits, including fresh "chicken tongue" lychees, cherries and not to mention the Musang King!

Apart from eating, we did some touristy things locally and it is after all a holiday for them.  The last time they were here, it was to attend Becky's wedding.  Now there is a "by product" - Eva running around and "Uncle Boon" is the flavour of the month!  Eva seems to have taken to the both of them very well and I guess Eva can sense that "Uncle Boon" is family.

Eva enjoyed playing with "Uncle Boon" and the "Baa Baa" Aunty Cynthia bought for Eva seems to be a favourite amongst her other fluffy animal toys.


Giants Chair - Mt Dandenong
Always good to pose with the bro... we do not have many photos taken of us when we were children, and what little we had, with the move and all plus migration, the photos seems to have got thrown out/lost or just vanished into thin air.

We went down to Rye one of those days to commemorate momzie and we made a day out of it.  Eva had the best time on the beach!
Us at Rye Pier/Esplanade


Durians... king of fruits = smells like hell but tastes like heaven!  There were a few hot days when bro was here, 43c and the smell lingers especially we have the air conditioning working over time inside the house, so we decided when the cool change set in to feast the durians outside in the backyard.  If you have been to Asia, most hotels would have a durian picture with a "X" on it, so you are not allowed to bring durians into the hotel rooms!!!

Durian party in the backyard
Yum Cha outing with Eva to Secret Garden
We ended 2019 at "Australia 108" down in the city in our friends apartment on the 60th floor.  Saw the last sunset of 2019 with my bro and ushered in the New Year 2020 with my bro, so it was kind of an epic sibling moment for me as it has been a while since I have seen my bro.  At one stage we were "estranged siblings" and now our relationship has improved and we are both grandparents as well!!

Last sunset of 2019 from 60th floor

The 2020 gang
New Years Day Lunch at Springvale
Bro managed to catch up with NZ friend, Tim
Still in the Christmas spirit up the Dandenongs
On the first Sunday of 2020, we all went to Planetshakers in the city.  Yes, I was in church! Bro dragged Tim and I there and I guess it was not a bad way to start off 2020 as Planetshakers is a very happening church and it feels like we were at the disco!  My bro and wife were also Pastors before and bro started and headed the Equippers Church in Wellington for many years.
It was great to see the both of them again and we managed to pack each day to the max doing stuff and eating.  I am sure they both gained some extra weight.  I know I did -- and I am still gaining even after they have gone.  They left me with a few varieties of Whittakers chocolates and I am devouring them slowly but surely!
Working on my blog and at the same time enjoying my Fijian Ginger and Kerikeri Mandarin dark chocolate!!!

TILL WE MEET AGAIN BRO ... was sad to see him go and Eva feels the same way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment