Saturday 22 July 2023

Hobart “Mission Impossible” 4/7/23

Back from a camping trip and changed bags.. booked airfares and I was off to Hobart.

Estranged big bro from London met with car accident in Launceston but was transferred to Hobart.

Small bro from NZ coming over and MYK from London (big bro’s new partner) has flown over too because of his dire condition!

Well… I was tossing and turning but in the end I caved in and next thing I knew I was flying over to Hobart too.  


Obviously the reason was to see BB but MYK and SB thought it was best I stayed away as BB might blow a fuse seeing me and they thought my presence would jeopardise his recovery progress?!  

Whatever… at least I get to hang out with SB and MYK when they are done with visiting BB in hospital in the evenings and before visiting hours starts at 2pm!

I was determined.  I suggested that I will “disguise myself” will wear mask/glasses/head scarf and SB was fine with this idea.  Anyways I managed to see BB from a distance and just before I left hospital cafe where they were going to have lunch I went closer to have a better look at BB.  Well, a small peep is better than no peep at all.

Anyways, I have done what I possibly could and my conscience is clear as far as “siblings” are concerned even though BB is the one that severed our siblinghood!!! (Reasons only known to himself which he refused to reveal when asked so he can take it to his grave with him).

On a positive note… I did go up to the Trauma ward to see what the hospital conditions and environment were like and funnily enough after I left, it made me feel a sense of relief … as if I had visited BB except he was not in his room!!!



So that was my mission impossible and hopefully one day SB n or MYK will find the courage to tell BB that I made an effort to see him “on his dying bed” only out of respect! 

On the bright side, I also got to see MB and JB… the oysters were as good as I remembered them at Blue Eye so it was not an entirely wasted trip!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment