Monday 30 July 2012

August ... My Becky is getting Married

Yesssssss August has been long awaited for .... finally, I can start counting down ... only just 18 more sleeps .... it's the month my only child, Rebecca is getting married.
Ray proposed to Rebecca at the top of the Empire State Building in NYC in May 2011 and since then we have been busy with one thing or another planning towards their Big Day.  The whole journey has been relatively stress free as everything was more or less spot on ... the venue, the church, gowns, photographer, videographer etc etc .... they did not muck around shopping from one place to another.  They went to one place, and bang that was it ... Simple! ... Done!


We had the Bridal Party Special Hen's in Bangkok for a week in March.  We stayed at the Lebua State Tower in Silom.  One of the best hotels in the whole world for scrumptious breakfast buffet spreads.  Throughly spoilt ourselves indulging in treatments, massages and ate in top restaurants and the girles shopped till they dropped from makeup, branded sunnies, dresses to local fruits!


The Bridal Party outside Lebua State Tower


@ Nham (one of the world's best 50 restaurants!)
This was only the lst day's shopping ... inside our 3bedroom suite @ Lebua


















The local Hen's was a couple of weeks ago.  They had High Tea @ The Windsor and then a night out painting the town red ... strippers and landed up bar hopping drinking till the wee hours of the morning.  I was not part of this mayhem but I believe if photos are anything to go by, everyone had a blast!

High Tea @ The Windsor
I have been busy making stuff for the Bridal Shower to be held on the 12th August.  I even surprised myself that there is a "crafty devil" in me?!? I had no clue what I was doing but once I got started, I just kept going and the ideas just kept coming and blew me away.  It might look tacky, but what the heck, aren't Bridal Showers supposed to be tacky?  Whatever, I found cutting out paper hearts to be quite therapeutic!  Stay tuned for pics to come as I will not be posting pics till after the Shower. 
Rebecca has been more than a daughter to me, she is my bestie, and even my "mother" at times.  I guess you could say I have been blessed with the best ... and when you only have one, only the best will do!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Becky looks gorgeouss! So excited for her big day! :)

    ReplyDelete