Saturday 6 April 2013

Holidays Holidays Holidays

Eversince I went on my lst world tour back in 2000 for just under 6 months travelling solo, I have given my Travel Agent the flick upon my return!!!  She was going to book a flight for me from New York to Philadelphia!?!
Back then, I took the subway from the World Trade Centre and it costed me USD$1.00 to get across the Hudson River to Philly!!!
 
With technology and easy access to the internet searching for destinations, airfares, hotels etc, it has made it not only easy for me to organise my own holidays but this is the fun part which I enjoy most - building a trip from scratch.  For me, it is challenging, exciting and finding the most competitive airfares with the best possible connections and then phasing in hotels and activities gives me a real buzz. 
 
As my leg is still "unwalkable" ... I have given myself another good six months before I am off on my next holiday!!!  Regardless!!!
 
Been busy doing with what I do best ... booking holidays ... looking at hotels, etc etc and am now I am soooo pumped ... I am going to ensure that my leg will behave as I am going to will my leg to be "walkable" without aids come October.
 
I was in Tahiti 10 years ago, but back then although I had a great time, I think I did not do it "right"!?!  This time in the Maldives I am going to splurge out for an over the water bungalow, spa treatments, good food and do nothing but chill and soak up the expensive sun and water!  I hope I will not be disappointed as to me, Bora Bora has always been the dream water paradise destination.  Maldives???  Let's keep an open mind and compare later.
Bora Bora
Looks like I am back on track!!!  Now I have a few holidays planned in the pipeline, and I am just waiting for the day to roll around.
 
Soon .... I will be there to soak up the sun and water in the Maldives
As if not enough, now I find my friends are asking me to book holidays for them.  So in some ironic ways, I am a "Travel Agent".  I guess I could class myself in the "well travelled" category too and some days I do wonder why I have never done something with all my travel experience and knowledge I have gained over the years, as my passion definitely lies in this field.
 
Ready or not ...First up, I am going to Maldives for an indulgent holiday:)  Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Mabul & Sipadan will follow immediately after Maldives!!!  Simply cannot wait now:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment