Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sipadan's - Barracudas in a Tornado!


Barracudas galore 
Not everyday, you get to see this in real life and be up close and personal with thousands of barracudas.  I simply have to share these amazing pixs of them taken from Sipadan.
Like they say, a picture paints a 1000 words, so there is no need for me to say anymore .... and hopefully in years to come, my grand kids can look at this blog too and know that their grandma Sim has done some amazing underwater frolicking with barracudas!!!!!
Da tornado formation

Now you know why I love going back to Sipadan every year... just to be with them even for one day is a truly amazing experience!!!
In Mabul, its like a reality check for me too.  People are just so contented with island life!!!  This year I will be lucky enough to spend a whole month at Uncle Chang's aka "UC". This above the water accommodation is more than a backpacker's lodge... owners and staff are extremely friendly and helpful so almost everyone has a good time on the island.... even their resident chef, Uncle Ah Long is more than happy to cook and cater to your needs (for a small token fee) and make sure you have a happy tummy!!!

UC's over the water chalet

I was in the centre of all these barracudas!!!!
Last trip, I was swirling in circles amongst them and they did not give me vertigo!!!
I hope to go back again to Sipadan in November 2014 -  being my 4th trip!!!  When I went there for the very first time, I told everyone that if I got to see this formation, I will gladly hang up my fins.  Guess what, since that first time, it makes me want to go back every year to get more of them and I have not stopped going back and am so glad to say that I managed to share this awesome experience with my lovely Becky and Charlene last year.
Sipadan Island
Please note that you need a permit to go dive/snorkel at Sipadan. At UC the staff is more than happy to arrange it for you.  UC really makes it happen for you - as there are only 120 permits per day and so many resorts/tourists/divers/thrill-seekers all over the island, so its like striking the jackpot to get a permit based on "first in best dressed" or you have to have the "right connections" to secure a spot on the boat across to Sipadan.  The boat trip is only about 20mins or so from Mabul and you cannot stay at Sipadan. 
The Divemasters (DMs) at UC are also very professional and their team is always on their "toes" to show you the best critters especially the micro life in the water ... Roihan, Shanti, Boy Jay just to name a few of their DMs are not just professionals, but they also have excellent photography skills amongst other talents (find out on the island!) - we thank you very much Shanti for the above photographs taken by my Canon toy u/water camera!!!  Well, if you have been inspired by these barracudas and if you would like to try out diving, UC also offers diving courses at the most competitive prices.
Barracudas like you have never seen b4!!!


Welcome to the underwater world!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment