Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Wacky Cake

It hardly took any time to whizz up this cake.  It is in the oven right now as I am blogging about it.  Unfortunately, in haste and excitement, I forgot to take any pixs of the mixing process (will steal a pix from the link and insert).  Regardless of how it will pan out, I will definitely post a pix of the end product.  I am not usually a lucky lst time get it right type of baker!!!  It is starting to smell like a real cake in the baking, and if the recipe works, I am in for a yummy treat of a moist chocolate cake - no frosting for me but apparently there are recipes out there that only takes 1 minute to make up.

Well, what is a wacky cake??? It is a cake that is made with no eggs, no milk or no butter!! How crazy is it??? Well, I did not even finish reading the recipe and before you know it, I was dashing over to my pantry and dragged out  the flour and sugar and I was making a cake!!!

Recipe calls for the following ingredients that most of us will have at home all the time:

1.5cups of flour
3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup raw brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Stolen pix from the link on computer
Mix all the above ingredients into a greased tin - yes, no need to wash a mixing bowl and it does not even need the mixer and no mess!!!
After mixing the above ingredients ... make 3 holes - 2 smaller ones and the 3rd hole larger.... in the two smaller holes, pour in 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar and in the other 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and in the last hole 5 tablespoons of oil.
Mix thoroughly again and bake in 350F or 175C on the middle rack for about 35 minutes.
Not bad at all for a lst timer!!!!
I guess ovens do vary, so check with a tester if it is completely baked.
I just had a peek and its looking pretty good.  Cannot wait for it to come out of the oven now - just in time for a cup of tea and a slice of yummy moist chocolate cake!



Wacky moist chocolate cake with a cuppa

E N J O Y

No comments:

Post a Comment