Friday 2 January 2015

Magnets

It is 40c outside and I am just loafing around the home in the comfort of air-conditioning and suddenly I am drawn to the fridge like a magnet - word play here!!! hahaha ... to look at my magnet collection from over the years of travelling.
Looking ... looking ... but I do not have one of SIPADAN and I have been there every year for the past 4 years.  Maybe I did not see it in the shops, or could it possibly be .... at the back of my head, it must mean, then I have another excuse to go back to Sipadan again and get myself a magnet eventually???
They are easy to carry around and nearly weightless, and a great reminder of where I have been especially my memory is so bad nowadays.  I think I might have an early onset of Alzheimers!!!  Back in the earlier days before I started buying magnets, I used to buy all kinds of souvenirs - some bulky, breakables like porcelain especially from Japan, and not only do they take up too much room in your luggage bag especially if I am travelling over a long period of time and lugging them in and out of every other country it also eats into my luggage allowance!!! My mom always used to call my souvenirs "dust gatherers" and I could not agree more now in old age!!! -  So go MAGNET!!! 
On a day like this, you can just sit back, chill and travel back in time down memory lane.  Hopefully each and every magnet holds some fond memories of the countries and places visited and if you want to go the extra mile, journal or blog on each and every one of those magnets!!!  Now that's an idea!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment