Thursday 29 January 2015

Mushrooms - Portobello or Flat Browns


5 "men" down and lots more to go!!! I made a mushroom & chicken frittata tonight but Amy gave me a whole box of flat browns and there is no way I can eat it all by myself.
I gave Becky about 16 or so and am still struggling to eat the rest up as fresh as I can possibly store them.
Day 1 for breakfast, I cooked it like a mushroom steak with egg and ham and sprinkled some parsley over it and that was TDF.




5 "men" down - more to go!!!


Frittata
MMM's recipe




I cooked some MMM's way - it was simple, quick and surprisingly very tasty = fried in a generous amount of garlic, ginger, spring onions and rice wine with sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.





Friends have given me various ideas, but I have a fridge full of other food and although this is my favourite fungus, I think I am all mushroomed out for the time being at least today!!!



The garden is coming along very nicely and I can harvest my lst zucchini tomorrow and see if I can make some kind of vegetable lasagne or frittata and use it together with the mushrooms. 
Lesson learnt = next time, I think I will have to half my mushroom order and not get a whole box just because its farm fresh and cheap as Amy buys it from work!!!
Amy & Me with box of brown flats




Mushroom Steak with trimmings




Beautiful mushies from the farm

No comments:

Post a Comment