Wednesday 9 January 2013

Learning to Cook

Today, Rebecca Choong is officially aka Mrs Rebecca Misa ... well, I guess it is only right that if you married the man of your dreams, you would want to take on his surname!
 
Becky has always had it good in terms of home cooking .. my mom, her grandmother was an excellent cook and I guess some of it must have rubbed off on me & her!?! #cheekysmiles
In short, Becky has always been spoilt ... blame it on the "only child syndrome", so she never helped in the kitchen or learnt how to fry an egg!!!  She does not cook 5mins instant noodles either - perhaps that is because it is not her choice of survival food!!! Becky is just not domesticated, fullstop!

Well, shortly before grandma passed away, she taught Becky how to make Rendang (beef curry Malaysian style) by giving her verbal instructions with just guesstimate amounts for the various ingredients.  Becky must have good judgement, good taste buds, a hidden cooking flair, or a combination of all the abovementioned because she does  make a mean Rendang and she can also churn out some pretty awesome dishes when she does put on her Harrods apron!

Since I had my injury and have been under bed arrest, Becky has been at my back and call waiting on me hand & foot.  This means all my meals are catered including running my errands etc.  If she does not cook it or prepare it herself, she makes sure I get takeaway food.  Not only does she cook,   she ensures that I have a healthy balanced diet.  Currently, Becky is also playing "nurse", and she does a good job with "portion control" which is definitely a new meaning in my life!
 
So, if you think you cannot cook, look at Becky!  She has come a long way... I think she has even surprised herself!!! For encouragement, even her husband reckons she cooks better than Daniels in NYC #oneofthebestrestaurants.

Cooked to perfection beans & prawns ...crunchy & flavoursome!
Being someone's spouse, I guess it is always handy to know how to cook or one should learn how to cook, because the real way to a man's heart like the saying goes ..... is through his stomach!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment