Wednesday 2 January 2013

The Wedding

 
Since I just posted the bridal shower pixs, I guess its only expected of me that I post the wedding photos next ... and whilst I am still in the blogging mode, I better do it before the "lazy mode swing" sets in again!

The day started out wet, but luckily for us by the time we got all our hair and make-up done at Miss Foxy, the sun started to shine!

Yesssssss you guessed it!!!  We were running late for the church - The Priest was standing at the front of the huge doors of St Mary's Star of the Sea .... but he did not have his arms folded - so I guess that was a good sign *winks*
For a Catholic ritual... I thought the ceremony was short and sweet with Strings playing in the background.  The day was "freezing cold and windy" but regardless, everyone braved the weather and even shivering children did not stop themselves having fun running around.

As mother of the bride, I was just glad the ground was dry!!!!  The gown Becks wore for the church has a long lacey trail that sweeps the floors!!!
 
I wanted the "Asian" style wedding for them that filled up the Palladium at the Crown, but in hindsight, I can appreciate now, that a wedding is a celebration with those nearest and dearest to us.  We do not need all the relatives and friends from A-Z in my address book.  It was an "intimate" wedding ... that is what the couple wished for and it turned out to be a great day of celebrations and everyone made their special day a dream come true!!!
Here comes the Bride ...
All dressed in white ...
Afterwards, we all returned to the Blackman's hotel in St Kilda for the "Chinese Tea Ceremony". 
Penthouse Garden Suite @ Blackman's Hotel, St Kilda

Just a perfect day that went by tooooooo fast! 
 
- Dinner reception was held at "The Willows" in St Kilda. 
- Meet & Greet evening gown - pearls and lattice gown by Collette Dinnigan. 
- The wedding cake from French Lettuce in Carlton.
- "Cheong Sum" from designer, Kenneth Hoong of Butterfly.
Cheong Sum by Kenneth Hoong of Butterfly
 
Evening Reception "Meet n Greet" Pearls & Lattice Gown by Collette Dinnigan
8 tiered floral spiral (orange & chocolate mud) wedding cake by French Lettuce
 
For that intimate feel ..... Dinner Reception was held at "The Willows"


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! May I know how much did you pay for your qipao? It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be totally honest, I did not ask how much but we paid AUD$1,500.00 for 2 gowns tailored at Butterfly. The other gown is just chiffon with a French Lace bodice with Swarovski crystals .. guess if you divide by 2 approx $750.00 each?!?

      Delete