Thursday 3 January 2013

Break a Leg!!!

Whilst on holidays, I fell inside a boat ... yesssssss I slipped on life vests strewn in the front of the wet boat floor and since the mishap on the 14/11/2012, I have bed ridden. Dr Andrew made me promise no weight bearing on my broken leg till the 24/1/2013!!! 

I dont know how I have managed the past 7 weeks to stay sane and positive confined to my bed ... having a shower is the highlight of my day... but I guess MOM's spirits must be hovering around me and giving me the strength.  (My mom passed away peacefully in September 2011 ... she suffered a stroke and was more or less bed ridden for 7+ years, and right now, I am "re-living her day-to-day pain").

The rest of my holiday is ruined .... I had to leave Mabul ... when I arrived at the hospital in Tawau, I was told I have to undergo an operation.  AN OPERATION???  For the love of God, I am on holidays ... I know I was in escruciating pain, but surely - it is nothing a cast cannot fix???

Slowly, reality started to sink in ... I can forget about my onward journey to party in Bali and Kuala Lumpur.  I was sooooo looking forward to my Jarimenari 4 hands  double session massage as well as attending A & A's wedding.  Like they say **** happens! 

When the learjet arrived to transport me in celebstyle to Singapore, I knew my injury must be quite serious.  A learjet ... I thought maybe they meant a helicopter like in the "Flying Doctors" but to my amazement, it was a learjet!  The jet ride is an adventure in its own right ... I guess its not everyday someone gets to go in one unlike the Airbus 380, so this experience was a bit more special.  How ironic!?!
My sweet ride to Singapore in the Learjet in celebstyle!
So .... I spent the next 10 days in Raffles Hospital in Singapore.  I had an operation on the 16/11/2012 and I am now a proud owner of some new "hardware" (titanium plate and 13 screws) on my communited right femur.  Luckily for me, Raffles Hospital is like a 5* hotel. 
If you know me well, food plays a very important part in my daily life.  Who says hospital food tastes like crap???  It was good even when I was on the diabetic option! 

Some of the meals I picked off their daily changing menu!
I had one of the best Orthopedic Surgeon money can buy in Singapore, Dr Andrew Dutton.  I guess you could say instead of having a  super fun filled holiday in Bali and KL, I had a CHANGE OF PLANS and had a very relaxing "body rejuvinating holiday" instead in Singapore!!!

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. awww. Sim , thats hurtful even by looking from the pictures. cant imagine those staples on my foot. take care Sim! hope to see you soon!!

    p/s: great that tha Raffles Hosp treated you well with those food!

    ReplyDelete