Friday 30 December 2016

Lost Wallet

I simply cannot explain why I am so careless and forgetful nowadays.  Be it old age, early onset of Alzheimer or a combination of both and or more, I am always forgetting things, and am very careless nowadays, be it losing my wallet, dropping things, remembering things or even lost at times for simple words!!!

Let's just talk about this LV black patent "Sarah" wallet.  So far this year, I have lost it twice and twice I managed to get it back. 
Besides the usual cards, cash and whatever else one keeps inside wallets, I have a "3 in 1" diamond ring which I keep in the zip compartment. 
I only wear it when I feel "threatened" being "single", and then I fish out the ring and wear it as if to tell the stranger that I am actually married and am just waiting for my hubby to turn up especially when I am travelling solo?!?
Earlier in the year, it was at the cinema in Knox but we managed to get it back from the Candy bar when Becky went for a late movie which was a day or more later, and simply asked if anyone handed in a wallet of my description.  I only discovered that my wallet was not in my handbag when I offered to buy MB dinner one night.  Not only embarrassing but did I feel so insecure being penniless for the next few days as I was travelling in the RV out of town!!!

Latest episode must be the most interesting.  I left the wallet at the petrol pump at FTG.  I thought it was cheap petrol, but it ended up being the most expensive as I left my wallet behind.

Only discovered I did not have wallet close to midnight that day when I wanted to put my debit card back into the wallet and there was no wallet in my handbag!!!  Raced back to the petrol station close to midnight now just so that I can tell myself I tried, but obviously when we got there, no wallet was waiting for me.

The petrol station is one of those pre-paid type places that is not manned by anyone, so being the resourceful person that I am, I managed to track down a person named David after a few phone calls, and David was kind enough to go through the CCTV tape for me.
I first reported it at the GW police station, but after the CCTV tape showed that a man actually picked up my wallet and CCTV captured his rego number etc, David advised me to report it to the FTG police station.  Left it in their hands, and a couple of days later got a message left on my mobile that I can go to the EH police station and my wallet is there waiting for me to pick it up!?!

Well, I don't know what happened, I have so many scenarios going through my head and I will never know, but what matters is the final outcome.  I managed to get back my wallet with most contents in it, and thank you very much whoever you are and also to the local police for their help in locating my wallet!!!

Lesson learnt, am now just using a $15 dollar wallet and not have anything other than basic cards and under a $100 in cash and hopefully this new red wallet will be more lucky for me!!!
Please be more careful with your wallets as its so inconvenient when you lose it.  In my case, I am very happy, it is not "finder's keepers, losers weepers"!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment