Friday 13 May 2016

Big 60 Surprise Birthday!!!



SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISED!!!

I was absolutely clueless!!! Super stoked and would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much especially AY JS and obviously my Becky for organising all my favourite peeps to be at Foodtopia to mark my milestone - yessssss its official - I am 60yrs old.  What a fantastic welcome to the 60's bandwagon.  Its Day 3 as I am working on this blog and I am loving being in the 6 Series!!!


If 12th May was the benchmark to go by turning 60, I am happy to live out the next decade in this fashion surrounded by good friends..yummy food.. pampering... supportive loving family and just having fun and enjoying each day regardless of age which is just a number!!!

Leading up to the stroke of midnight exiting my 50s, the mobile was going nuts with birthday text messages, so I hardly slept as some international friends came on line and we just chatted the night or wee hours of the morning away.  I was sooooo glad even to be deprived of sleep as an unexpected special bear friend from Canada remembered my BIG 60 so we chatted away and trust him to warn me, its a fun ride downhill all the way from here!?!

Anyhow, I managed to get a couple of hours of shut eyes before I had to wake up early and hit the road to Daylesford.  Becky packaged a pamper session together with lunch and we had the best time together at the Lake House.  I have always liked the Lake House and I hinted to Becky that is where I would like to "hide" so our little getaway was what I had in store for my 60th and was to return home for a family meal at a local fusion restaurant in Bayswater that came highly recommended by Becky's colleague!!! 

Home from Daylesford, I headed straight to bed - a combination of lack of sleep, feeling relaxed from our pamper session and a very happy belly filled with a yummilicious lunch.  I set my alarm to wake up in time for a quick shower to freshen up before going out again for dinner.  
In the car, Becky said she will go back into the house to get the big camera to take some photos of tonight and I still did not suspect anything big was in store for me.  As I approached the restaurant, I thought to myself the food must be pretty good as it looks like it is booked out and with so many people inside - no wonder we could not find a closer spot to park our car!!! 

When I pushed the restaurant doors open, I saw MN inside and it still did not dawn on me - I was still oblivious about what is happening until I took a better look at the packed out restaurant and OMG it was filled with all my favourite friends!!!

Yesssss I was totally taken by surprise and I was super stoked.  I wanted my 60th to be kept low key, but at that very moment I knew in my heart that everyone should celebrate their 60th regardless of it being on a low key or a high note.  This special day should not be surpassed.  I am so happy I actually got to share the day with all the people that means so much to me and has played an important part in my life along the 60 years journey.

In hindsight my 60th should have been "celebrated with a bigger bang" with all those people who were here and some that did not get invited (sorry - I did not plan this party!) as it is indeed a milestone to get to 60 nowadays!!!  My dad never made it, Princess Diana nor Michael Jackson, so  I am very lucky to get here thanks to my GP, Dr Lena who is a pain but in a nice way as she is the most through and best Doctor anyone could ask for to keep me medically fit, at least from the inside!!!






Friends that are already in the 60's Club suggested that I should apply for a Senior's Card!!!! 
There is no looking back now, just put my right foot forward and go with the flow as 60 is now the new 40s!?!  Enjoy everyday to the max.  What can I say, my birthday celebrations are spanning over 4 weekends and is still ongoing until the first weekend in June when we go away again for a girlies getaway to the Mornington Peninsula.

I have always been spoilt in some ways or another all my life and turning 60 has certainly taken it over the edge, but I am not complaining!!!  I love being 60, love everyone for loving me and I love all of you back too and thank you all again for making my 60th a wonderful day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment