Sunday 15 May 2016

Happy Campers in Tassieland - February 2016

Do I ever do anything by the books?  Randomly, I booked a trip to Hobart and then I decided I will chuck in my real estate job even before telling my boss of my resignation and my bags were packed and I was ready to rock & roll!!!

This also meant I was to usher in the "Year of the Monkey" in the wilderness of Tasmania which is right up my alley/tree!!  If you have not guessed it by now, I was born in the year of the monkey and I am a Fire Monkey and a very mischievous one too!!  I have all the traits of a monkey... and more!?!

Checked with the family and although the "Reunion Dinner" is the most important day of the year and Becky reminded me of this, but GK said we are not "traditional" so we had an early RD prior to my departure.
Long story cut short, my boss who resides in Hobart actually picked me up at the airport and he somehow persuaded me to return to my job once I am done with Tassie.  Isn't this great, my job is to be kept open and I can walk back into it when I am done with my holiday in Tassie.

  

It was a funtastic time as Elaine and her siblings (7 pax) came over and we joined them wherever we could as they were over here for a camping/hiking holiday for 2 weeks.  We were glamping it in the RV and they had to pitch their tents.  Between MB and I, we catered some of their meals.  All they had was one small pot that would have taken forever to cook up a decent meal for 7 pax whilst in the wilderness and especially after hiking and walking for an average of 6 hours per day, I guess it was gonna be canned food!?!


One of the first meals I prepared for them was the CNY Rainbow Salad aka Lo Sang - and we all gathered and tossed for prosperity, good health, etc etc in the wilderness of Cockle Creek - the southern most tip of Tasmania.  Never in a 100 years would they have thought they will get this treat on the road!!!

Abalone tossed in garlic and ginger oil on bed of veggies
Fresh caught wild abalone
Sing and the boys collected palm sized abalone (ahumm) from the wild and we had abalone slightly pan seared in garlic and ginger oil quickly and served on top of a bed of mixed salad - sooooo yummo!!!  It was juicy, it was tender and Sing cooked it to perfection.  Who says we are were doing it rough and tough in the wild!!!
Let the pixs do all the talking ....
Sing and his one and only camping pot!!!

Total of 9 pax including me the photographer!


As if I would miss out on an opportunity to pretend that I have been camping.  I guess this is as close as I will ever get to go on a real camping trip as none of my immediate friends/family are into camping. 
It was an awesome trip and I am still hoping one fine day I can still go on a real camping trip and do it as rough and tough as Elaine and gang!!!

Oh - I guess I forgot to mention it - did I go back to my job???... silly me, NO ... after Tassie I took off to Bangkok!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment