Friday 27 May 2016

KM for Easter Break 2016

Normally, I am not overly excited about Easter (if I am not travelling) and this year I was staying home, but this Easter was a bit different for me as KM decided to come down from Sydney to spend the Easter break with us - two timing between her ex colleague and us, but we got luckier as we had KM every night in bed here with us!!!
KM and I get along pretty well regardless of our age difference.  I could even pass off as her "mother" as her mother is my schoolmate from kinder days!
We both love our food, but Easter is a busy time, so when KM confirmed her flights, we did a quick ring around but it was unfortunate and impossible for us to get a table anywhere in the more prestigious top winery restaurants down by the Peninsula.  Wait, but I had a plan of attack and did not know if it was going to work, but we rocked up at Monalto early before the normal peak lunch hour, and to our surprise we managed to score a table at Monalto which was supposedly fully booked out too.  It worked a treat, but I must admit it is not the best table in the house, tucked away at the back but I guess you could turn it into a positive as we had the "private" area all to ourselves!!!  I have eaten at Monalto many times over the years, but I must say they have lifted their game this time round, as the food was pretty good although I cannot say that their standard is now at a level similar to that of Ten Minutes By Tractor but close enough!!!



We spent a bit of time wandering the grounds, and I took KM and Becky down to the bottom and around to the back where some of their produce are planted, and KM was so thrilled to see Kiwi fruits hanging from the plant.  Neither of them has seen it dangling on a plant before apart from the fruit itself being sold in the supermarket, so it was indeed an "educational" tour!!! (They thought it was from a tree, but its actually a creeper plant!)



Quality Control

We knew we could not get into the Hot Springs, but nonetheless we rocked up in hopes of cancellations or no show, but was told the same to our faces, so now satisfied but disappointed, we dragged our feet out and we just drove around and landed up at the Swayns in Rye for a coffee and a chat.  Time just flew by us and now its time to head home as the girls had dinner plans that evening.

It was a short but sweet visit by KM, and it was all about eating and chit chatting and seeing her again.  My girlies!!! Hopefully KM will come back again soon and we can do it all over again and more next time round!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment