Sunday 15 May 2016

First Island Daughter's Wedding

My very first island daughter got married on 3/3/2016!!!  Obviously I had to try my best to make the journey back to KL to attend her big day. 
As I did not have any other business in KL and to make my trip worth the ride in a plane, I thought I might as well go and spend a week in Bangkok first to pamper and indulge  myself silly and then after the wedding, hang around KL and wait to attend the old girls' school 60th birthday dinner and with whatever time left over, to catch up with some old friends.  Will write about them separately.

For now, going back to the wedding, I flew in from Bangkok and headed straight to Shah Alam where the wedding was being held at Hasminah's home.  When the taxi arrived, I was so flustered, I left my wedding shoes and a bottle of duty free in the back seat of the airport cab so I had to rock up in my Fitflops!!!  Guess it really didn't matter much as most peeps take their shoes off before entering the home, so as u can see, I am in my barefeet!!!


The house was elaborately decked out as you would expect for a wedding and the cuisine was Kelantanese food which was a real treat for me as I have not had authentic home cooked Kelantanese food and yesssss I made a pig of myself!!!  I sat right in front of the biggest standing fan you can imagine and if not for the fan, I would not have had eaten as much as I did - the weather was shockingly hot and humid and hate to imagine what it would have been like if the ceremony was held in the day time!!!  I would have melted down to nothing!!!

    
Lots of people, lots of food and lots of left overs so we doggie bagged some food home.  As Hasnah was on "show" all the time, we did not have much of a chance to catch up apart from some small talk when we were posing for a pix with the newly wedded couple.
Authentic Kelantanese
Wishing the both of them marriage bliss and on the next trip back to KL in October 2016, hopefully I can be introduced to the groom and sit down somewhere to have a good chinwag perhaps over some lovely yummy Kelantanese food?!?

Hopefully by then, Hasnah would be more domesticated and will be able to whip up something similar served at her wedding feast!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment