Sunday 8 May 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I have collaged my whole day and judging by the pixs, all I did from the moment I woke up till I went to bed was eat, eat and eat!

Becky baked a scallop pie for my breakfast served in bed.  Yesssss she baked it, but she did not make it.  She knows how much I love scallop pies, so when she came back from Launceston, she bought some frozen ones which she popped into the oven on Mother's Day morning!!!  Clever little daughter, right????

After breakfast, we went to Onsen Ma in the city for a soak.  Its a little slice of Japan and who would have thought can be found in the alley way of the CBD and I got my onsen fix.  Not that many other boobies in the public bath pool but it was the perfect soaking day - wet, spitting rain the whole day, overcast and we were in 40c steaming hot salted pool.  After 15 minutes I could feel my heartbeat racing and pounding away and we took mini breaks inbetween to cool off before more soaking and felt so rejuvenated  afterwards although we looked like cooked lobsters!!!  Not kidding either!!! 
Took a leisurely stroll down to ACDC Lane and had a nice Peruvian lunch but I ate like a Peruvian mama!!! Was delightfully stuffed and could not even fit in dessert.  Unimaginable but true!!!  Pacing myself here as I know in the evening we are all going out for another big feed.
Walking back to the car, we could not go past Koko Black, so we went in as by this time, we had cooled down completely and the weather outside was screaming for us to have a hot chocolate, and so we did!!!!!

What a pig, cause when I arrived home, I went straight to bed on a more than happy full belly and woke up in time for another shower before we raced off to Fedeles for our dinner. This iconic local Italian restaurant has been around for ages and still lives up to its reputation.  The oysters were as plum and juicy and yummy as the Tasmanian ones... my lamb rack was to die for and melted in my mouth and must be one of the best lambs I have had for a long time.  Everyone was happy with their choice of the extensive set menu which covered everything except pork which is no ones favourite!!!
So, that sums up Mother's Day for 2016 and until next year, May has come and where has the year gone already???  Time is slipping by so quickly.... I hope all the mothers out there had a great day too because I did.  I am so glad I have Becky and because of Becky I am a mother!!! So mothers out there, enjoy your child/ren and make every day a special mother's day for them and yourself!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment