Sunday 8 May 2016

Carpe Diem

Well, what can I say but I woke up one morning and decided to pack up my "filler" real estate job end of January 2016.  Come to think of it, this is how I have dealt with all my previous resignations. I did not plan it, I just did it  out of the blues and I guess that is the best way, at least for me!!!

B&S has been playing on my mind for months but I never really took any action ....  I was just drifting in and out of work and was not really motivated.  I guess I was also kidding myself and because I still have a conscience, I know its not fair on the Company la la la and with all the new rulings and enforcements they have laid down since new management took over, after  weighing out all my pros and cons, I decided to pull the plug.  I thought it was going to be easy quitting, but when I told the Boss I wanted to quit, he told me to hold that thought!!!

Long story cut short, I met up with the Boss in Hobart, he actually came to the airport to pick me up and after a few wines at the Granada, he managed to persuade me to come back to the job after I have had my time in the wilderness of Tassieland!!

I know I cant sit still at home, and after I am done with my travels, I will be scratching my head for something to do - so I guess I am lucky in the sense that I still have a job waiting for me upon my return.  I did not disclose all my travel plans and after Tassie I went to Bangkok and then Malaysia and it was not till after I came back from Malaysia that I told the Boss I am definitely not returning to my job. 

So here I am jobless and without an income which is a financial setback (but not a major one -  hahaha)  I went to Tassie again and just came home in time for Mother's Day and for my turning of the Big 60  happening in the middle of this week!!!

I have heaps of time on hand now to be messing around at home, smelling the roses, and I can even post a few more blogs in my spare time!!!

Welcome to Sim's new world - for how long, who knows, but for the time being I am just going to enjoy being carefree and easy and go with the flow!  Carpe Diem!!!
Just being "Free & Easy"







No comments:

Post a Comment