Thursday 19 December 2019

2018 New Year in Tassie

Annual yacht race
When I arrived in Hobart to ring in the new year of 2018 with MB, (I know, 2020 is just round the corner now - today is 20/12/2019)
the annual yacht event was on and the yachts were rolling into town, so we went along to the waterfront to check out all the hype.  



I was lucky enough to get on board one of the yachts and was shown around and had a tour of the insides too.  I guess if I ever had a 2nd lease of life, this is something I should try out and sailing leisurely and owning a yacht has always been my dream and will remain a dream!  
If only PR lived in Oz, I might have had a wee chance as he owned one for 52 years and just sold it in May back in Germany.  He would have gladly been my Skipper!?!  Still waiting for MB and his Powerball numbers to strike and if he wins, I am sure we can get ourselves a huge cruise ship to fit everyone!!! lol


MB took me to the food festival held in conjunction with the boat race and we just ate from stall to stall.  This time round, I was more into the apricots than the blackberries.  Somewhat, fruits grown in Tassie does seem to have more flavour and taste better esp the cherries and plucking them off the tree is an added bonus.  Whenever in Tassie, I also make it a point to go to Richmond for the scallop pie, and so I did and I had 2 pies at one go, so my fix was met and cravings fulfilled.
The Richmond Bridge

Thornless blackberries
Sweetiest, juciest, most flavoursome apricot ever!!!
No trip to Tasmania is complete unless you have fresh oysters!  
Favourite free camping haunt for the RV
Going for drives and we passed by one of our favourite spots at Ninepin Point.  It is a headland in Tasmania situated southeast of Verona Sands.
JE came along with us for a drive and we had a good counter lunch at one of the local pubs.  These 2 boys/men are BFFs and they are so interactive that I reckon they can easily gossip together longer than 10 housewives put together!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment