Wednesday 18 December 2019

Kota Kinabalu 2019

This trip was an impromptu one.  Actually, because we could not get flights direct to Kuching we had to transit at Kota Kinabalu, so we decided to treat ourselves to the oxtail assam pedas dish again
at the Regency Hyatt but this time we not only ate there, but we checked into this hotel too.... splurge, splurge!!!
MUST try oxtail assam pedas when in KK
Every now and again, we will spoil ourselves in a fancy hotel for a couple of nights to make up for the basic ones along the way.  
I have a confession to make about this durian session.  I forgot to pay for it and they have my whatsapp... and until today I still have no one hassling me for payment!!!  They just have to wait till I return to KK.
The 2nd night was trying to hunt down a good stingray bakar place and at this market off the waterfront, we were spoilt for choice.
There was all kinds of seafood and grilled or cooked to your fancy.
The stop over was also because I wanted to catch up with this dear couple which is my dad's friend ... so we met up for breakfast and it is always nice to see them and know they are in good health and spirits.  They just celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary yesterday. (18/12/2109)
Breakfast catch up over all kinds of buns at refurbished Keng Wan Hong
I do not know what got the better of me, but after seeing 2 young Korean girls posing, I guess I just imitated them all in the fun of playing tourist!


We never buy any fresh seafood from the market, but we always like to go around to the market and see what has been caught and it is sad to see stingrays, puffer fish etc for sale.  In KK, there are plenty of varieties of other seafood one could consume, and I fear all these "snorkelling type pretty fishes" will soon be hard to see when we go diving/snorkelling as they are all on their way to be served on a plate for someone's meal!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment