Thursday 19 December 2019

Chap Goh Meh

Today is Chap Goh Meh ... means the 15th day of Chinese New Year and is also known as Chinese Valentine's Day.  I do not know much else about this day except we eat heaps and people in Penang go to the river and throw in mandarin oranges hoping to catch a good spouse!!!

Loesang food art - being creative big time this year.  I created my "bejeweled chook" and am happy to report that a pop up Malaysian supperclub in London loves it and has since recreated similar.  What can I say... imitation is a form of flattery!!! lol

My "Year of the Rooster" Loesang creation
Satay alasim or last day of Chinese New Year
Looks like back in the days, I made an effort to cook and entertain a few friends to gather around to celebrate the occasion.  Here we see AC and AY joined us and judging by the food, there must have been others too!

Sambal blachan fried kangkong
Triffle alasim CHOOK design


No comments:

Post a Comment