Thursday 5 December 2019

Kota Kinabalu 2018


This lovely couple is currently in Kansas City in USA as I write.  Mr Tan is my father's friend and his wife is Dot.  Whenever I am in KK, I make it a point to catch up with them and this trip I took them to have the best/famous oxtail assam pedas at the Hyatt Regency.  

Mr & Mrs Tan Cheng Hee
5th December 2019
I do apologise I have been rather slack in my blog and realise I have so many outstanding DRAFTS to complete.  Anyways, this couple has since returned from their trip and they had a wonderful time being present to witness their grand daughter graduate.

Rice that comes with Oxtail curry
Oxtail Asam Pedas
Next day, we wondered around the town and it got way too hot for my liking, so we spent the next couple of hours in air conditioning at the hairdressers!

Peter Reinhold - my German water buddy
PR enjoying a hair wash and cut
Desperate colour required
Local vegetables at market

Managed to find the local rare red durian.  I just love my durians (king of fruits - smells like hell but tastes like heaven). 
Jungle red durain
A rare find

Unique fruit only found in Sabah
The wet market has all kind of seafood and the prices are so cheap compared to in OZ and the varieties and sizes of some of the cockles, prawns etc are gigantic ... so fresh, so cheap and must be so delicious!  Have yet to purchase and get a local restaurant chef to cook it for us.  Maybe next trip!!!
Local fish market aka wet market

Fits into my palm
In Matatani Island, we met some HK people and they recommended this "wild animals" restaurant and we decided to check it out.  It was not bad and we had crocodile and frog's legs and tasted delicious.
Wild animals gourmet restaurant
Herbal medicinal soup
Fried morning glory aka kangkong & sambal chilli
Lunch for 2

No comments:

Post a Comment