Saturday 7 December 2019

Mantanani Island 2018

Mantanani Island - 2018

Just another island PR and I had to check out.  Waters were crystal clear, the huts were ok and if we had air conditioning it would have ticked all the boxes!  One night we had some weird looking insects invade the premises and not only were they "knocking at our window" buzzing away crazily, they were scary looking too!
Boat ride from Kota Beluat to Mantanani 
Local scene and kampung houses along the water
This trip was rather laid back and I expected it to be overcrowded with Mainland Chinese, but to my surprise, I did not see even one!!!
It is but a memory now since it long overdue to be blogged, so I shall let the random pictures do the talking and will comment slightly on each to give you a rough idea.
50 shades of blue and crystal clear
Insect attack!!
Deserted beach - had it all to myself as far as the eye could see most of the days when I was there.
Met this HK man and he and his buddies introduced us to the "wild treasures" restaurant.

Mr Reinhold posing in front of our hut but in reality it was a candid shot
Day hut beds scattered along the beach front.  I spent a lot of time here eating local fruits and munching on my sunflower seeds and watch the day go by... hardly any boats in sight!!!
Our relaxing area under the hut... its cool but I much prefer starring into the crystal clear waters!
My "monkey breasts" manual hand held fan.  Purchased in Bangkok if memory does not fail me.  It was kaputt and PR took it back to Germany to get it fixed.  As u can see, it works well again but guess what, I broke it again and now its in the bin!
Just make sure you don't lose your balance and fall into the water again!
It feels like we are marooned on this island.  Waiting to sight a boat or anyone, but guess what,  nothing and no help available - its just mostly us and the sea!
The dark side!!!
Surely life can't get any better on an island
Surprise surprise surprise - bumped into ex UC Divemaster
Even human monkeys can climb and pick fresh coconuts
TDF crab fried rice... my island staple
Soft white sand, crystal blue waters
If you want to chill and do absolutely nothing and I mean nothing, this is the best place to be on earth so look no further!

MANTANANI ISLANDS
A small group of 3 islands off the north west coast of Sabah opposite the town of Kota Belud.






No comments:

Post a Comment