Friday 20 December 2019

Singapore Fling 2018


I was in shock when PR told me he has never really seen Singapore from the outside of Changi Airport.  Guess who put up her hand and volunteered to be his local tourist guide?  So we met up in Singapore for a few days in 2018.  I arrived a few days earlier so that I could spend some quality time with my BFF, my cousin and to also visit my late uncle's place of rest.

Do not know what happened, but somewhere along the way I caught some weird bug and was feeling really quizzy... dizzy/fainty and sweaty and when PR arrived I was almost knocked out with it!

We had to give him the "ultimate" experience, so we splurged out and stayed at the Marina Bay Sands after spending 2 nights in a budget hotel in Chinatown.



The infinity roof top pool at Marina Bay Sands was spectacular but in my opinion the Management should do something to reduce the amount of people allowed into the pool area and totally ban fully dressed peeps in 6inch heels from entering the pool area.  
I was really annoyed as they spoilt the whole experience for me because they did not swim, just hung around in the water with cocktails and mobile phones in their hand, over crowding the pool just taking selfies and insta photos and as a lap swimmer, they were in my way!


PR was easy to please -- just take him to Chinatown.  As a matter of fact, we spent a couple of days in a Chinatown hotel so that he "felt at home" before we upgraded ourselves to the Marina Bay Sands.

Ironically, one night in Chinatown area, there was a festival and one of the many stands was a German Hotdog /Beer stall.  We met some other tourists there and after a few German beers everyone was feeling so happy and relaxed  that we all felt we were just one big family!

We ate everything from durians,  bbq sweet pork meat, ice kachang to satay etc.  One night SFun was kind enough to invite PR back to her home to sample DC's home cooking and sample some Singaporean hospitality.



Happy people under the influence of German beer

Debated which bbq meat shop was the best? = Lim something one made No: 1

We were in this dessert shop everyday ... sometimes twice a day!!!


Bits and pieces from Chinatown area

Add caption

View from our bedroom balcony
Looks can surely fool you - I was really feeling so sick I had to put on my poker face and get on with it, but I really struggled at Sentosa Island.  Maybe it was the heat too as I felt like I was going to pass out!!!  Every 5 minutes I will be looking for toilet signs and when we were in Little India, it was even worse and can you just imagine me sleeping at the table waiting for my food???

Regardless, I held up to my end of being a tourist guide and I know PR had a good time as we covered most major attractions.  Even though we did not do any high end shopping in Orchard Road, we were there and just whizzed in and out of CK Tangs, Takashimaya etc and only purchased food!!  

It was a shame that the Raffles Hotel was closed for refurbishment but we still managed to get our Singapore Sling at the Raffles Bar which happened to be still open!!!  

We dined at the Fullerton Hotel and then walked around afterwards to digest our meal but gave up half way, hailed a cab and went back to Marina Sands Bay and that was a wrap for us that nite!  
I was glad to flop into my bed ... one of the most comfy hotel beds ever but for the price of one night, I do not know if it really justifies it, but you only live once, so I keep telling PR to just enjoy it - been there, done that now --- so its time for us to bid Singapore farewell and we are now off to the islands!




No comments:

Post a Comment