Wednesday 18 December 2019

KL Rendezvous 2019

Short but sweet trip.  I had to swing by to meet Jovan, see my preggers Mins, eat some hawker food, catch up with some good ole friends and last but not least to go on my durian binge journey!
Funky accommodation in the heart of Petaling Street

OD on cockles somewhere in Bukit Bintang
Durian, durian, durian

Eversince PR introduced me to Petaling Street accommodation, I have not looked back.... cheap, clean and so strategic to everything especially delicious food from my childhood days.  All those "speciality" hawker stalls are still running at full steam ahead and some might be 2ndG or 3rdG but food is just as good as I can remember.
Lai Foong Beef Noodles - a MUST
Jovan Wong - new addition for Amanda/Jason/Andre
My indian fix
La la noodles in XO broth - yummy
MC and I checking out the newly hotspot for insta pics in  Kwai Chai Alley

Tayya
This trip was also to catch up with Hasnah and Matsayah as their daughter is nearly one now and finally I got to cuddle and meet Tayya.  She is such a dolly!  Also had the best nasi kerabu prepared by grandma and it was lovely to have a home cooked meal after being away from home for a few weeks.
Nasi kerabu
Everyone seems to be in the best of health and looking fine so it was good to get together and  chit chat where we left off!  We were so full, but there is always room for more durians.  Everyday I was craving durian and whenever I see it, I just have to buy them.  
Cannot explain how my belly copes, but trust me, it does... only put on like 7kgs over this trip!  
Another MUST eat is the nasi lemak above from House & Co in Bangsar Shopping Centre.  Their pandan cake is also very light and fluffy.
Petaling Street --- Madras Lane alleyway stalls selling yummy local delights
The best prawn noodle in the world - sorry your dipping sauce failed you ... next to mine! lol
Elaine came for a brief catch up over Koon Kee's water dog dumplings
My "sister in law" in hiding!!!
My Uncle and Aunty Chim
Might be the only sole surviving friend of my dad in KL
You know Uncle Chim is definitely my dad's friend when he takes u out for diesel mee!!!
Obviously, after all the running around to catch up with so and so, and so tired of eating - you know, its very hard work in the humidity of KL!!! especially if you are trying to fit in all kinds of food and you only have 4 days to do it!!  So in-between the running around and eating sessions, its always good to make time to have some ME time, so its off for a  massage and relaxation especially the spa is only next door to my hotel and to enjoy some air-conditioning!

Until the next trip ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment